Tuesday, September 22, 2009

What you've missed...

If you had been visiting me (please do but call ahead!)or if you'd been a fly on our wall (oh no, not flies)here are some snaps of what you'd missed. Alas, the last two weeks have not had any photos, I'm "unwell" again, but have still been trying to eat as well as I can given my inability to shop or cook for myself.

This has meant sometimes I've just had to open a can of split pea soup and call it a meal, sometimes I've had Alexia brand Frozen organic waffle fries (great after a migraine or when one is coming on) and yes, one time I was so weary and hungry and hurting I had my dear man bring me a McDouble with fries. Oh well, I made a point to try and eat even those, with gratefulness and awareness and it does make a difference. It turns a desperation dinner into food to although inadequately, nourish the body for that moment in time, it does not a lifestyle make, and that is "ok."

That said as a person who has always loved a home cooked meal (even better when someone else has done the cooking)it makes me very sad to think many children in particular, have gone from McD's being a rare treat as it was in our childhoods, to being a way of life.

Photo's below.

"Really" enjoy your food!

No comments: