Sunday, August 16, 2009

Day 2 COLD Turkey

I can't say as it's been "that bad" really, because I've slept most of the time and when I woke up hungry, there was real food in the house (thanks to that mini-shop at the farm stand.)

Does that mean I had no "fake" food, well...no. I had REAL coffee that Glenn makes which might as well be called Ferrell Ambrosia and it was just calling for "a little something" a snackeral if you will. One tiny cinnamon pop tart. (note to self, need to make something "real" to have with coffee. Any suggestions? and I don't mean granola and grapefruit, although those have their place, I'm just not a morning person and I prefer something tiny and baked goodish with the coffee, I'm thinking maybe rugelach?)

Yes, I do note here that the word "real" is going to get "real" old. I shall have to come up with an answer for that problem, real soon. Meanwhile, after sleeping some more (anemia, being in the way of women, my chiari 1 malformation? medications?) I awoke and dear Glenn microwaved me two ears of corn. Real as it gets. Satisfying goodness. Sorry the picture is sub par, the corn wasn't.


The rest of the day, I've stayed the course and I've not craved much by way of fake (a little chocolate craving perhaps.) I'll have to figure out where I "stand" on chocolate. It is certainly real, and I'm not going to rule it out by any stretch, but I don't want to be scarfing down chocolate bars every time I'm hungry. I need things that are easy but not that easy, not to mention needing healthful food. I think I want to keep my chocolate primarily to baked things, ice cream or chocolate milk, not candy. Keep posted and keep praying that I can make progress on this journey, which to many of you might seem not at all difficult, but which to me is an adventure.

1 comment:

Dianne said...

Yes, rugelach would be good. Another possibility is something like a focaccia-type of breakfast bread - there's a video online at PBS of Julia Child's Baking with Julia series showing Chef Craig Kominiak making them (and other similar breads). The recipe is in the Baking with Julia book too. You could make them in whatever size suits you :) But oh my dear - pop tarts? what were you thinking? LOL